Eat Without rules!April 4 - May 23, 2020| York Wellness Centre, 78 Main Street S. Newmarket ON
An 8- week Mindful Eating Program with focus on YOU as a PERSON.
Learn how to enjoy the foods you love without any guilt.
Enjoy a friendly & cordial relationship with food.
Imagine enjoying your food without any guilt & restrictions
What is Mindful Eating?
The Centre for Mindful Eating defines mindful eating as:
- Allowing yourself to become aware of the positive and nurturing opportunities that are available through food selection and preparation by respecting your own inner wisdom.
- Using all your senses in choosing to eat food that is both satisfying to you and nourishing to your body.
- Acknowledging responses to food (likes, dislikes or neutral) without judgment.
- Becoming aware of physical hunger and satiety cues to guide your decisions to begin and end eating.
Why Mindful Eating?
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
Mindful Eating has been found to have positive effects on:
- Reducing stress
- Increase enjoyment of foods and life in general
- Easier digestion & absorption of foods that you eat
- Reduction in calorie intake
- Increased energy
- Less binge eating
- You controlling your food instead of food controlling you
- Enjoy your meals & all the life moments
- Reduced food cravings
Eating the mindful eating fashion way will have you experience a shift in:
Actually noticing whether you are eating because you are really hungry or out of boredom, sadness, anxiety, or are stressed and so on.
- Noticing the actual taste and smell, flavor and texture of your food. You will begin to enjoy the food you are eating.
Noticing your feelings as they come up while you are eating. You will be more aware of what is actually going on.
Your thought process about the journey of the food. How it got to your table, it it local or was it imported from another country^
Your views about whether the food has some nutritional benefit to your body & general health.
Being aware of whether you are fully satisfied after your meal.
Benefits of Mindful Eating?
- Feeling satisfied – When you pay attention to what you are eating, you will notice & enjoy what you are eating. That will lead you really know when you are satisfied.
- Improved digestion – Mindful eating will prompt you to chew every bite so you will not be just gobbling food down. And there will be improved digestion and lot of comfort after a meal.
- Improved feelings towards food – Being mindful also means that your relationship with food also improves big time. This also means that you will enjoy eating that piece of your favorite black forest cake without any guilt or shame.
- Reduce overeating – Eating mindlessly leads to overeating. Eating mindfully allows you to be aware of what, why & how much you are eating. This helps reducing overeating.
- Improves Type 2 Diabetes – With all the above-mentioned benefits, there is a marked positive effect in managing Type 2 Diabetes.
- Weight loss – The focus of mindful eating is certainly not weight loss. However, when individuals eat mindfully there is a possibility of some weight loss.
A little bit about me
I am a Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator and I am extremely passionate about teaching people how to live a happier life by making nutrition, health & lifestyle changes “One Week at a Time”.
Now you may wonder and question me!
A new change each week?????? WHAT? THAT’S TOO MUCH.
Well, the point is that you choose what you wish to change about your life/lifestyle and work towards the change “One Week at a time”. When we make changes this way, the likelihood of you following through is much higher.
One change that I often talk about with my clients is about a mindset shift from being weight focused to making healthful food choices, enjoying the foods you enjoy and having a positive relationship with food & your body.
When you make this kind of mindset shift, life takes a turn for the better.
This is the exact reason why I created this program.
With all my good wishes & hoping to meet you in the program
8 Saturdays, April 4th – May 23rd, 2020; 2:00pm – 4:00pm
What will you learn?
The “Eat Without Rules” workshop is designed in a way so you…
Recognize & understand factors that can influence eating behaviours
Can create a positive self to self relationship
Become aware of your triggers & any emerging patterns that cause you to eat mindlessly
Learn, apply & share your success strategies
Can set achievable goals & set yourself up for success
Can unlearn risky behaviours & learn desirable behaviours
Learn how to come back on track when you fall off (falling off is a normal human behaviour)
Equip yourself with strategies for next steps to continue leading a mindful way of eating
Whats the location?
York Wellness Centre
78 Main Street S.
Spots limited to 15 participants
Spots limited to 15 participants
8 in- person interactive workshops in a comfortable & safe environment
6 month access to online resource library
4 handmade soaps (from my handmade shop)
6 month access to “Curb Your Cravings Summit”
If you have any questions about the program, feel free to send me a message!
Frequently Asked Questions
In what format is the in-person workshop delivered?
The workshops will be a combination of information sharing, discussion & lots of interactive activities. There will also be a some homework each week. The homework will not be marked. It is recommended that you complete the homework so you can get maximum benefit from the workshops. We will be sharing a lot during the workshop and it is entirely optional. If you are not comfortable sharing that is totally cool. That will not affect your access to any of the tools & resources that are a part of this program.
In what format are the resources in the resource library?
The resources are in a pdf format and can be downloaded for revisiting them later.
In what format is the "Curb Your Cravings" summit?
The summit includes interviews with 25 healthcare professionals from a variety of fields & strategies.
How long are the workshops?
Each workshop is 2 hrs in length. There are 8 workshops in total.
Will I get a receipt so I can claim the cost from my insurance?
When you register and pay you will get a receipt that you can submit to your insurance. Incase you need anything specific do let me know and I will try my very best to provide it to you.
Can I pay session by session or on 2-3 installments?
Unfortunately the payment for the entire program needs to be made in full so I can secure the location for the full 8 weeks to run the workshops.
Are there refunds allowed?
Refunds will be given only until 2 weeks before the program start date i.e March 22nd, 2020, 11:59pm. After March 22nd, 11:59pm there will be no refunds given.
Will I get a refund if I am unable to attend 1 or more sessions?
Unfortunately, once you register and begin attending the workshops I cannot issue any refunds. If there is any chance that you may not be able to attend 1 or more sessions I will say please do not sign up. You are welcome to request refund only upto 2 weeks before the start of the program ie March 22nd, 2020 by 11:59pm.